(1) The episode opened with a cabin exploding. I’m already nervous.
(2) It is REALLY difficult to watch this election stuff. Mellie all happy and optimistic and then utter devastation. Sigh.
(3) Liv took that drink straight to the head.
(4) Mellie yelling “it ain’t over” and talking about investigating voter tampering. Geezus… BUT on this show that IS a real thing whereas in the real world we have actual Voter SUPPRESSION #FunTimes
(5) Y’all know Shonda rewrote this after the election. She HAD to!! Ain’t mad at her at all. ‘Preciate her for it.
(6) Re Jake’s wife – different actress. Thought I was tripping for a minute. Funny she didn’t strike me as an alcoholic last season but clearly sh*t happens.
(7) Liv yelling at Mellie: “We lost. They won. It’s over!” UUUUGGHHH!!! It hurts sooooo much!!
(8) Chuckled a bit at Liv furiously scribbling words on pieces of paper and then shoving them in Mellie’s face. Read Mellie READ!!
(9) OH GOD! Vice President Beene!! #VPBeelzebub
(10) This exchange:
Mellie: “It’s like having a vampire a heartbeat away from the Oval. Blood-sucker.”
Liv: “Be nice.”
Mellie: “I will be gracious… out there. In here, I am spiteful and petty.”
Me re OUR election, FULL SPITE. FULL PETTY!
(11) Well golly Frankie don’ got shot. Shonda. Is. A. Beast!
(12) Sidebar: Can WE have President Grant? PLEASE???
(13) When Abby swooped down on that man with the full weight of the White House backing her up. It was LOVELY!! #No
(14) Of course “Vice President” Beene was not injured. Duh.
(15) When Huck, with no love lost for Mellie, informed everyone that he voted for Frankie.
(16) So Marcus is the Press Secretary now? Wasn’t he just working for Liv? I guess he took Abby’s place since she’s now Chief of Staff?? I should have watched the last episode or at least reread my own recap. *acknowledges own triflingness
(17) When Liv said to Marcus: “Come on. I’m your friend.” Girl stop, you didn’t even believe that line yourself.
(18) Marcus’ response was even better: “No. You’re Olivia Pope.” Great answer and you bet not EVER forget it!
(19) Damn Frankie dead y’all.
(20) David Rosen talking with Fitz about what happens next with emphasis on the importance of the Electoral College.. I CAN’T TAKE IT!
(21) President Cyrus Beene. GEEZUS!!!
(22) Shonda is giving me alternate information I can appreciate. There’s still hope in ShondaLand. THANK YOU!
(23) When Liv asked Papa Pope if he had Frankie shot and the way he said “no” made me automatically assume he was lying BUT then he laughed and admitted that he HAD thought about it but nah he didn’t do it. #GeniusMove
(24) When Papa Pope said he wasn’t a predator and I was like “Dude. Yeah you are.”
(25) Wait, is Liv actually trying to not even consider the fact that Cyrus is behind this? Girl, imma need you to wake up and quick!!
(26) Yes Mellie. Yes, you need to step over Frankie’s corpse and do your duty for America!! Ummm can you come be OUR President? PLEASE???!!??
(27) But still when Mellie was talking about laying on a beach in Santa Barbara or going to Spain I was like yeaaaaaaah that part. #Escape!
(28) Fitz: “He isn’t dead until I say he’s dead.” Well alrighty then Fitz Tha God.
(29) Fitz CAN’T be surprised it’s Cyrus! Y’all are killing me tonight!! Y’all both know he’s a monster – STOP PLAYING!
(30) Speaking of the devil, Cyrus is in there pulling the con of the century. In shock my a*s.
(31) And there it is. The decision is made to hand the country over to a madman. Damnit.
(32) Huck: “Which one is it Charlie? Murder or marriage??” MOST INSANE PROPOSAL EVER!
(33) Whelp tip line girl is deaders #Boom
(34) Liv to Cyrus: “Who knew you had the acting chops?” OMG!! PRICE! LESS!
(35) Why is Liv letting Cyrus know that she knows? Maybe to get him to make a mistake?? Anyway whatever the hell the plan is, shout out to Shonda for keeping me fully engaged. BLESS YOU!!!
January 28, 2017 @ 6:29 am Denise
Yeah, why does Liv tell everything? Why does Liv believe obvious lies? Why is Liv even credible in her job? It kills me when she does this stuff.
January 28, 2017 @ 11:43 am CM
LOL @ your questions because they are all valid. When Papa Pope was like “and there it is, your weakness” I was like HELLO??!!!??