No particular order…
(1) “GREAT” – Octavia Spencer‘s win for Best Supporting Actress and her speech. I don’t care what ANYONE has to say about “The Help” – being a WORKING BLACK ACTOR is damn near a minor miracle and a huge congratulations to her for this outstanding achievement. You got beef with someone, take it up with Hollywood or better yet, make your own movie.
(2) “Ehhhh” was Chris Rock’s hair. Is that for a role he’s doing? Perhaps “New Jack City 2: Pookie Haunts The Projects?”
“AWESOME” was his presentation for animation. Only Chris can clown Hollywood for being racist and paying him too much money for nonsense in one sentence AND make it funny.
(3) “BAD BAD BAD” – Gabourey Sidibe’s hair. I could post a picture but then I would feel bad about recycling that nightmare. I’m going to assume that she watched it last night and is finally aware of the huge “styling” disaster that transpired. Also, I’m really not blaming her as much as I blame her people AND the director of the segment. Wrong, dead wrong!
(4) “GOOD STUFF” – Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis (who mis-pronounced his own name) presenting for “Original Song” was Hiiiiii-larious.
(5) “GROSS” – Someone needs to sit Angelina down and tell her that the anorexic look is NOT working. All anyone in my group could say about that was “ewwwwww.” I don’t care how “sexy” her d*mn leg looked, her arms were ghastly. Angie, before you have/adopt/steal another baby – you might want to see about getting treated for your eating disorder.
(6) “STUPID” - Sacha Baron Cohen dumped faux Kim Jong-Il ashes (baby powder) on Ryan Seacrest on the Red Carpet. Sacha’s a douchebag. Ryan was a good sport about it. I can’t say that I would have been…
(7) And then there’s Billy. He had some moments:
“BAD” - the resurrection of his 1980′s SNL Sammy Davis Jr impersonation. Was barely funny then, definitely less so now. It doesn’t matter that he didn’t mean any harm – I just don’t want to see it. It is one of those things that makes a black person stop breathing for 2 seconds.
“WORSE” - After Octavia won, he joked that after he first saw her movie he wanted to hug the first black woman he saw, “which in Beverly Hills is about a 45-minute drive.” WOOOOW!
“BEST” - And yet his Tyler Perry comment made me SCREAM OUT LOUD WITH LAUGHTER. While doing a skit in which he guessed what actors were thinking, Crystal attributed this to Viola Davis: “I want thank my agent, I want to thank my writer and director for creating the role of a strong black woman that wasn’t played by Tyler Perry.”
I don’t care if “Good Deeds” is a legit film, I will NEVER forgive him for inserting his undeserving a*s into “For Colored Girls.” I guess one should never say “never” but I know it will be a 100 degree below zero day before it happens.
And on that note, I’m out…