I’m pressed for time so this is gonna be “shortish.”
Man, it’s gonna be a long road to November. We’re not even out of January yet and I’m already exhausted with the nonsense.
(1) President Obama
Delivered the State of the Union Address Wednesday night - KILLED IT.
Then he headed to Arizona where a crazy Republican put a finger in his face. The crazy Republican I’m referring to? Gov. Jan Brewer. LOCO!! She claimed she felt “threatened” – laaawwd deliver me from the madness. Since “fingergate” she’s been making the media rounds repeating this “feeling threatened” nonsense.
Obama’s response: “Not a big deal”
(2) Mitt Romney
Finally released his tax returns: (a) his tax rate is obscenely low (13.9%) AND (b) he makes approximately $58,500 a day. Yes, I said A DAY. What I love is the explanation his team tries to give, “it’s all legal, yada yada, capital gains, yammer, yammer, investment money, blah blah.” SERIOUSLY?!?
Honestly, no one is begrudging the man his wealth. Hey, it’s America, god bless you and your plentiful bounty. His issue, as he has shown time and time again, is that he can’t relate to ORDINARY Americans. So if he can’t relate, he certainly can’t be expected to understand their concerns and address them accordingly.
Romney in the White House = a rich person’s agenda being followed. BUT here’s the silver lining, he won’t be in the White House so HA!! #OBAMA2012
(3) Leroy Gingrich
lies every single time he breathes, and
won the South Carolina Primary by playing the race card. “I’m gon’ help po black folks learn themselves how to gets work. First I’m gon’ show ‘em the proper way to mop a flo, ‘den I’m gon’ show ‘em how to save alla dey pennies and one day get themselves 40 acres and a mule. ‘Den dey’ll be winning.” Alright perhaps I paraphrased a bit here and there but that’s pretty darn close. This is old news but worth reminding folks that he’s a repulsive human being.
Regarding his continued assertion that President Obama is the “Food Stamp” President, it’s not quite that straight forward. Yes, “There are now a record number of Americans receiving food stamps, with about 46 million participants in 22 million households. But that’s mainly because there’s been record poverty levels, not because President Obama has taken major steps to make it easier to receive food stamps from the government.”
(4) Rick Santorum – is a non f*n factor.
(5) Ron Paul – aside from your prior racist ramblings, you seem like you could be a sweet old man. What are you planning to do next with your life? #curious
(6) The GOP had yet ANOTHER debate last night. I caught some of it. Apparently nothing completely insane was said because my phone isn’t blowing up with irate text messages in ALL CAPS from my friends. I did notice there was a discussion about colonizing the moon - Seriously?
(7) The Florida Primary – is next Tuesday. Someone PLEASE bring this 4 ring circus to a close. #prettyplease
(8) Former Congressman Barney Frank is planning to marry his long time partner. You know what that means right? In case you were not aware of this – Barney Frank is gay. And I absolutely LOVE this story. TAKE THAT SANTORUM!
(1) I want confirmation on this but I heard that Oprah is little Blue Ivy’s Godmother. Let’s be real, of course that’s like the absolute best choice EVER, so sure that’s what ANY parent would want but…
Update: Gayle said “hahahahahahhahaha, y’all funny, hahahahha. My girl is flattered and all but umm naaaaw, it ain’t going down like that.”
(2) Headline: “Demi Moore Hospitalized for Substance Abuse Issues”
Dang Demi, say it ain’t so. I will admit this actually bothered me a little. Not exactly sure why but I think it’s because for some reason I thought she was above all that ish. Really kinda disappointed. Also, if whatever went down is because of that Ashton issue then I’m really bothered. Come on Ma. You ain’t supposed to let it show. You are DEMI MOORE!! An original bada*s! GET. IT. TOGETHER!
Note: Her people said “exhaustion” and that she is seeking “to improve her overall health.” Well of course that sounds waaaaay better than what TMZ is reporting. #craziness
(3) Heidi Klum and Seal. You’ve probably heard by now that they are planning to divorce. The latest news is the reason why – apparently Seal has quite a temper. Shame.
“Rich Kids for Romney”
Last but not least, a casting notice I received via email:
Description: Female, ethnic, 25-35 years. Interesting faces and features. Will be naked and bouncing on a trampoline for the shoot. Scars, tattoos, piercings okay.
Rate: $300 (shoot & usage included)
Welcome to Los Angeles!