(a) I went out last night, to a bar, to watch Monday Night Football. This is a big deal, it was a school night and I can’t remember the last time I watched Monday Night Football on purpose. #HighFiveToMe
(b) When I got home I HAD to watch:
It wasn’t necessarily a “kick ass” opener HOWEVER since I have nothing but the utmost faith in HBO and this series in particular, I’m still going along for the ride.
Disclaimer: I re-watched the season finale for season 3 so really post football I got through another 2 hours of television hence this lightweight a*s post I am cobbling together. Look, I know I’m addicted, I’m just not sure I really want to DO anything about it yet. 😉
(c) I did not watch The Daily Show, I had to draw the line somewhere and GO TO BED!
(d) I learned about replacing a windshield yesterday. Random I know but since I had to have MY windshield replaced I decided to view it as a learning experience.
Brief background: I noticed a fairly decent sized crack late last week, “blimey” I thought but at that point I wasn’t exactly nervous about it, really more annoyed than anything with a vague sense of urgency re getting it handled. Then, yesterday morning said “decent sized crack” became a far more respectable sized crack and had carried over ALLLLLLLLLLL the way across my windshield. “RATS!!” I exclaimed and now extreme paranoia set in: “Can I get on the freeway? What if too much air hits it? What if a wayward acorn lands on it? Will the entire thing dramatically fall apart and rain glass on my lap???” Yep, that was me (I have a very active imagination).
What I learned:
- There are two panes of glass that comprise your windshield, one of them is safety glass to help prevent EXACTLY what I described above from happening. WHEW!
- I got a visual of the type of crack that can be repaired – approximately the size of a silver dollar – I didn’t have a choice between repair and replace, as noted the crack in my windshield started out large and kept growing by the day.
- For my purposes the only difference between getting an original factory windshield and an after market windshield was the price. After several consultations I went with after market, WHEW! I own my ride so no worries about needing to hand back over a lease with proper factory stuff. Again, WHEW!
- IF you keep calling around AND utilize Yelp effectively you can come up on a deal. Shout out to GTO AUTO GLASS on Mission Road!! They quoted me the cheapest price AND I was able to come in that day AND they were quick about it. (Yeah I know I need to do a Yelp review, gimme a minute, I need to finish this post first.)
- Watching them replace the windshield was a little like watching a loved one undergo minor surgery, uncomfortable and nerve-wracking. #Shudders
And there you have it, most of my Monday. Oh yeah, I had to cancel my dentist appt because of the windshield repair but I was scared to go there anyway so I kinda think it worked out for me. 🙂